Complete Pitching Training Resource + 1 Full Team Set of Equipment
Hacking The Kinetic Chain is the complete resource for developing good, high-velocity pitchers. This training manual and digital library is an integrated guide to strength development and pitching training.
It is written for coaches to understand and implement directly into their practice plans, with individualization and periodization built in to the training.
Looking for the templates that Driveline uses to work with its athletes from high school to the pros? They are all here, laid out with straightforward progressions.
Using 6 years of research in the Driveline Sports Science Laboratory, Kyle Boddy and Driveline Baseball have tested and re-tested their training methodologies to ensure they are effective. A spreadsheet program is worthless without the ability to adapt it throughout the year and as your body and goals change. A book about pitching theory and mechanics is worthless without an idea of how to improve athletes’ on-field performance.
Beyond “See This, Do That”
Developing velocity is not a simple input, simple output machine. Strength, mobility, improved mechanics and increased arm fitness all work together to build better pitchers. The integrated approach outlined in Hacking the Kinetic Chain demonstrates how all of the following work together to develop better pitchers.
- -The Driveline System – Stress Response Cycling, Mechanisms of Adaptation, Auto-Regulation, and Iteration
- -Assessing the Body – Mobility Inventory
- -Pitching Mechanics – A Deeper Understanding of Movement
- -Mobility and Activation – Pre-Throwing and Post-Throwing Training
- -Strength and Conditioning – Training Efficiently
- -Throwing Program – Different Modalities to Train Velocity
- -Injury Factors – Mechanical Issues that Lead to the DL
- -Pitching Program – Structure to Develop Command and Control
- -Programming Cycles – How to Put it All Together
- -Nutrition and Supplementation – The Long Game for Fueling the Body
Over 40 programs help coaches and athletes understand how to on-ramp, develop pitching velocity, move to the mound with specific, suggested sets and reps for each phase of development for pitchers.
For a coach, it is easy to find a way to develop individual training programs for athletes by training age, type of pitcher and time of year. As an athlete, you won’t be without a plan as each template integrates into the others.
Programs are split out along the following dimensions:
– In-season vs. Off-Season vs. Preparing for the Season
– High School vs. Collegiate vs. Professional
– Has On-Ramped to a Throwing Program vs. No Previous Experience
– Starter vs. Reliever
We eat our own cooking. These are the same templates we use in the gym, and they adapt with us. The companion book guides coaches and athletes on how to modify workouts for specific mechanical or mobility issues.
Strength and Mobility
Training stress comes in many forms, whether that is high-output throwing or lifting (to say nothing of not sleeping). Too often baseball player development is siloed: one guy wrote your lifting program, another guy writes your throwing program and you try to get mobility work when you can.
Programs that do not have strength and mobility integrated into the skill work risk being ineffective, either because the volume is structured to never give pitchers’ time to recover or because one side, pitching or strength, is written without consideration for the other.
Hacking the Kinetic Chain programming takes into account both sides of the pitching development equation and places them on the equal footing that they deserve.
The constraint drills inside Hacking the Kinetic Chain are good for isolating and developing important fundamentals of the delivery: controlling the direction of elbow extension, a good arm action, bracing the lead leg, and good hip-shoulder separation.
A Detailed Roll-In Video
The video library inside of Hacking the Kinetic Chain is built with in-depth explanations to keep the drills as simple as possible but no simpler.
Using these videos, coaches and players can compare themselves against elite players to check technique and spot areas of improvement.
Because this program and product represent the templates we use inside Driveline, we continuously update Hacking the Kinetic Chain. Purchasers of the programs receive lifetime upgrades of the program. When we learn something, it can be directly applied to your training.
The Package Includes:
Leather Weighted Baseball Set – 4 sets
-Six different balls (3 oz, 4 oz, 6 oz, 7 oz, 9 oz, 11 oz)
-Underload and overload training for maximum effectiveness
-Flat seams and natural leather maintain the same feel of a game ball during training
-Brightly colored seams and markings for easy identification
-Premium stitching with leather covers
Driveline PlyoCare Balls – 8 sets
–Black: 2000g (4.4 lb)
–Green: 1000g (2.2 lb)
–Blue: 450g (~1 lb)
–Red: 225g (~8 oz)
–Yellow: 150g (5.3 oz)
–Gray: 100g (3.5 oz)
Leather Wrist Weights – 4 5kg sets
- -Flexible and balanced to comfortably fit the wrist.
- -Sold as a set. 5kg set is two (2) 5kg weights.
- -Durable stitching allows these weights to withstand ballistic throws.
- -Treated leather material is easy to clean.
Hacking The Kinetic Chain
- -Hacking the Kinetic Chain, hard copy. PVC-coated, lay-flat training guide.
- -Hacking the Kinetic Chain, electronic copy. Downloadable.
- -Companion Workout Guide and Video Library. Actionable workout templates that you can customize and a video library for you to see how the drills are done.
Hacking The Kinetic Chain comes backed by our 60-day guarantee. If you don’t use and love the information, return the book no questions asked.
NOTE: Hacking The Kinetic Chain is a downloadable and physical product. Your physical product will be shipped. And you will get access to the electronic material immediately via email.