Here’s a few links and resources to keep yourself busy!
- With Stephen Strasburg‘s return to professional baseball, these popular articles go over his mechanics and some of the basic theories of elbow injuries:
- Strasburg, The Inverted W, and Pitching Mechanics
- Stephen Strasburg, Mechanics, and his “Timing Flaw”
- Elbow Injuries and What Causes Them (Stephen Strasburg Bonus Content!)
- I still get a ton of hits on this article, and with summer coming to an end and people wanting to get into shape for the school year (and fall baseball), it’s worth revisiting P90x for Baseball, an article I wrote last year.
- With fall baseball upon us, many college athletes are outside running their poles in the heat, getting their 5 mile jog in. Long distance running is stupid for pitchers!
Oh yeah: I get a lot of requests for where to buy a cheap dense black foam roller. I always point them to this black foam roller on Amazon for self-myofascial release and dynamic warmup purposes:
Can’t beat the price, and it works great. I have a half-round version of it as well to help me keep lumbar extension while sitting!