What is EDGE?
In September of 2019, Driveline Baseball launched an analytics platform called EDGE. The idea behind EDGE was to take our most frequently used internal web-tools and provide them to coaches, players, and analysts publicly at an affordable price.
EDGE began with a series of web-tools that allowed a user to input their pitch/spin data to recreate their pitches and to simulate their ideal pitches. In 2020, we launched the Coaches Tools suite and Pitch-Charts.
What is TRAQ?
TRAQ is Driveline Baseball’s premier data collection and athlete management software. It is used daily by all of our trainers to stay on top of all aspects of athlete training. For a deeper dive into TRAQ, check out Why We Created TRAQ or see what’s new with it.
Synergy: TRAQ and EDGE
As both platforms have grown on their own independently, we have decided that it makes the most sense to merge EDGE’s functionality into TRAQ. Some of the most exciting benefits of this include:
- A single login to access TRAQ and EDGE
- Streamlined data from the TRAQ database into EDGE
- New EDGE tools deployed each month
Although it is quickest to engage with data in the database in TRAQ, we understand that some folks will still prefer to use EDGE as a stand-alone tool. To accommodate, we will continue to support manual input and CSV input for the majority of our tools.
What happens to edge.drivelinebaseball.com?
With the majority of EDGE moving into TRAQ, there are a few points worth noting that will occur on September 9th, 2020:
- We will be transitioning edge.drivelinebaseball.com into a free resource to the public on September 9th
- Manual input for the visualization tools will be included as a free resource
- Coaches Tools and Pitch-Charts will be available on EDGE from within TRAQ exclusively
The existing EDGE site (edge.drivelinebaseball.com) will become free on September 9th, 2020, which is the one year anniversary of its initial launch!
Existing EDGE Customers
We greatly appreciate all of your support over the last year and are doing everything we can to make sure you get the most for your money! Below, we have outlined a few different situations that our subscribers may fall into, along with our plan of action.
- August 8th is the last day to renew monthly EDGE subscriptions.
- All monthly subscriptions end on September 8th.
- To show our appreciation of your business, you will receive an additional 30-day free trial of TRAQ X on September 9th, 2020.
Annual subscribers (subscription ends in September)
- On September 9th, 2020 you will receive a 30-day free trial of TRAQ X
Annual subscribers (subscription ends after September)
- You will receive access to TRAQ X beginning September 9th, 2020, for the remainder of your EDGE subscription.
At Driveline Baseball we’re excited about this integration because the synergy between EDGE and TRAQ produces a platform unlike any other. The combination of athlete management, data tracking, education, and analytics all in a central location allows our trainers to get the best results for our athletes, and we feel confident that it will do the same for you.
To reiterate, we are rolling out new EDGE tools every month. For any questions, contact Driveline Baseball’s customer support at [email protected]! Thank you.
By Garrett York (@GarrettYork31)