Kyle Boddy is available for large group instruction and traveling seminars for pitching-related instruction.
General Seminar / Large Group Itinerary
Seminars and large group classes generally follow either a one or two-day structure, covering topics such as:
Introduction to Driveline Baseball, Kyle Boddy, and our training/instruction methodology
- Detailing the perfect dynamic warmup for pitchers – how to improve mobility, stability, and flexibility while preparing the arm and body for the rigors of throwing
- The merits of long toss, high-intensity throwing, and weighted baseball training
- Understanding resistance training in the weight room – the dos and don’ts of heavy compound lifting
- Self-myofascial release (SMR) techniques to improve soft tissue – reduce the chances of injury and increase performance
- Plyometric work – when athletes should introduce high-speed high-load plyometric training into their workouts
- What exactly are “pitching mechanics?”
- Proper pitching mechanics – the very few absolutes pitchers must follow to achieve their goals and keep their arms healthy
- A review of high-speed footage of pitchers shot in the Driveline Baseball Biomechanical Laboratory
- Producing fastball velocity – how much of it can be attributed to mechanics, and what are the markers to look for
- Reducing elbow and shoulder injuries – what mechanical flaws lead to increased load on the joints, and the risk-reward spectrum of tissue loading patterns
- Integrating mechanical techniques to improve rotational velocity around the hip and shoulders
- Using weighted baseballs to change the mechanical technique of throwing a baseball
Two-day seminars are highly encouraged, as one day can be dedicated to the theory of throwing/pitching a baseball with only the adults (and older athletes) present, while the next day can be entirely experimental, which will keep the youth athletes engaged and fully attentive. However, one-day sessions are popular and can be scheduled.
Kyle accepts large group instruction either at his Seattle baseball training facility, or can travel to destinations for a modest fee.
Please fill out the form below for more information, or contact him directly at email@example.com.